Already have a Username/Password for the JMIR Publications family of journals (Journal of Medical Internet Research [JMIR], JMIR Research Protocols, Medicine 2.0 Proceedings, interactive Journal of Medical Research [i-JMR]?)
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
- To submit a manuscript, create a useraccount at this site (if you are already a JMIR user, use that username/password!), and login at http://www.researchprotocols.org/author. You may have to create a role as "author" first.
- Submit your existing grant proposal or research protocol - but please shorten it to 20 pages maximum (additional information can go into appendices), and edit it to make it more like a journal article (e.g., remove sections which describe the investigators and research environment)
- For further instructions see JMIR Instructions for Authors and JMIR Res Protoc Guidelines
- In Step 4, upload any existing peer-review reports as Multimedia Appendix or supplementary file, if available. In your cover "letter" (note for editor), comment on whether the research is ongoing, has been funded or peer-reviewed in your cover letter. ONLY IF PREVIOUS REVIEWS ARE AVAILABLE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A ARTICLE PROCESSING FEE DISCOUNT, AND IT WILL SPEED UP THE PUBLICATION PROCESS, AS WE MAY NOT HAVE TO SEND IT OUT FOR EXTERNAL PEER-REVIEW.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Paper adheres to JMIR Instructions for Authors
Unless stated otherwise, all articles are open-access distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work ("first published in JMIR Research Protocols...") is properly cited with original URL and bibliographic citation information. The complete bibliographic information, a link to the original publication on http://www.researchprotocols.org/, as well as this copyright and license information must be included.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.